Having a website without Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a lot like hiring an advertising agency to design a brochure, but never distributing it outside your office. A website without SEO, like a brochure without distribution may generate a few sells from existing customers, but won’t do much to generate new customers.
How important is SEO for your website? Consider this - 62% of searches result in a click on the first page of search results. 90% result in a click in the first three pages of search results. * A first page placement can boost your website’s exposure exponentially. Our SEO experts can boost your website’s ranking with Google, Yahoo, MSN, and other search engines.
Getting Started with Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization is a topic that can be approached from number of angles. Before optimizing your website for optimal search engine placement, you should ask yourself a few questions:
- What is my website’s purpose? Develop a mission statement for your website. It should be brief, and focus on a specific topic. If you try to be all things to all people, you probably aren’t going to get high search engine rankings on any of them. Your business’s Unique Selling Point will likely be the largest influence.
- Who are my customers and potential customers? Are they local, nationwide or worldwide? What types of topics are they interested in? A Blue Ridge, Georgia business may want to target potential customers in North Georgia, for example.
- How much time, energy, and money am I willing to invest in SEO, and what kind of return do I expect? The answer to this question will likely vary by keyword. In Wind Serve’s case, for example, we devote more SEO resources to promoting our Search Engine Optimization services than our web hosting services.
Our North Georgia SEO experts will work with you to answer these questions, and develop a Search Engine Optimization strategy that makes sense for your website. Give our Blue Ridge, North Georgia area office a call, or send us an email today to get started.
Search Engine Optimization Articles
- In SEO, Content is King
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Through Domain and Host Name Consolidation
- Localized Search Engine Optimization
* According to the iProspect’s Search Engine User Behavior Study conducted by Jupiter Research in April 2006, “62% of search engine users click on a search result within the first page of results, and a full 90% of search engine users click on a result within the first three pages of search results.”